Friday, January 13, 2012

Yesterday morning I got a text from my good friend Molly Macabre saying that our(not-existent) Burlesque troop was invited to perform out of town on valentines day. Now normally I would have a small freak out trying to get a group of girls together(and by the way its not that I'm not..so if your interested contact me asap) but it had an unexpected effect on me. I have been in a terrible funk lately but apparently this is what I needed to shake me up. Even if this doesn't happen, which would be disappointing, I'm glad that I have something that can grab me out of a funk like that. Burlesque has really changed my life for the better. All I want to do is perform burlesque.  Burlesque makes me feel like I could conquer the world. (One piece of clothing at a time.lol) I cant wait until I can afford to go to more shows and make more costumes just so I can be closer to this art I have so deeply fallen in love with. I really hope this show happens(and I find some more people interested in performing). I feel like this is the year Cambria begins to make her mark on DFW and then the world   ; ).


I've also been mulling around the idea of entering the Dallas Burlesque festivals Pinup Pageant.. Im not sure though. To be honest it kinda scares me. I feel like I might be again reaching further than I should. I dont know maybe Im being totally stupid. I dont know. It could be fun though. Humm..if I did then what is considered pinup formal wear? I mean does anybody think I even have a chance to advance from the screening? I need to make up my mind quick though... oh decisions decisions......




So again if you or someone you know who would like to perform with a potential new troop for a gig on valentines day PLEASE Let me know. I don't have many details right now but I want to be prepared if it does happen.Contact me on facebook or on my cell.


No comments:

Post a Comment